The Switch on Health (“SOH,” “we,” or “us”) cares about your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Privacy Statement covers the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data collected in relation to SOH marketing practices. This Marketing Privacy Statement (this “Privacy Statement”) also describes your legal rights with respect to such information.
Please note that Nielsen products and services are subject to their own privacy statements. We encourage you to review those privacy statements to understand how and when Nielsen products and services collect, use, and disclose data.
More information about the Switch on Health can be found here.
We collect or otherwise obtain information relating to you in a variety of ways. Such information may include personal data, i.e., information that identifies or can be reasonably linked to you as an individual alone or in combination with other information.
The information we may gather about you includes:
Information you provide. We may ask you to provide, or you may choose to provide, information such as (but not limited to) your name, email address, phone number, professional information (e.g., industry, company, and job title), demographic information, and geographic location. Such information may be provided to us at various times, including:
- When you register for or attend SOH sponsored events, such as webinars, conferences, and seminars;
- When you request information about or receive products and services from SOH.
Information collected when you engage with SOH electronically/online. SOH may also collect information about you via:
- Email or newsletter subscriptions: SOH marketing emails to our contacts may use pixel tags, web beacons, and/or HTML-formatted email messages that track and report back to SOH the actions recipients take in response to our emails (e.g., whether a message has been opened, read, or deleted).
- Website or social media activity: SOH may, through various tools and technologies, collect information about you when you follow, post comments on, or otherwise interact with us on switchonhealth.com.au, SOH social media channels, or SOH advertising or marketing posts on other websites or platforms.
Please note that social media sites or webinar/video platforms hosted by a third party other than SOH may also collect information about you. You should review those third parties’ privacy statements to understand how and when they will collect and use your data.
Information Collected From Other Sources. In addition to the data collection described above, we may also obtain personal data from third parties that have a relationship with you (e.g., your employer, professional networking sites), as well as third parties which may not (e.g., data brokers), and from publicly available sources. We may combine the information that we collect (as described above) with information from these additional sources. We will use the information only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Information We Do Not Seek. We generally do not seek information that may be considered “special” or “sensitive” personal data (e.g., government-issued identification numbers or information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background, or trade union membership) for marketing purposes, and we ask that you do not provide such information.
To Fulfill Your Requests: As described above, SOH will use your information to respond to your communications or inquiries, provide information or publications you request, interact with you on social media, and register you for SOH events.
SOH may send marketing-related communications to individuals who have requested them or individuals in key roles at current or prospective clients who we believe may be interested in SOH services. We may provide these communications and offers in various ways, including via email, postal mail, social media platforms, and text or direct messages.
The applicable law in certain countries requires us to set out in this Privacy Statement the legal basis upon which we rely in order to process personal data.
Consent: We may rely on the consent you provide us at the point of collecting your personal data to use such information for the purposes outlined herein. For example, you may have agreed to receive marketing materials such as our electronic newsletters.
Legitimate interests: We may rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms. In particular, we may process your personal data in reliance on a legitimate interest in our businesses’ effective and lawful operation, maintenance of our client relationships, continued relevancy of client and prospective communications, and the effective delivery of information and services to you. We may have other legitimate interests, and if so, we will make clear what those interests are at the relevant point in time.
Compliance with legal obligations: We may process your personal data if necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation arising under an applicable law to which we are subject.
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined in the “Data Use” section above, we may disclose your information to:
- other entities within the SOH group of companies;
- social media platforms, for our advertising and marketing purposes;
- third parties that provide services to us, such as, but not limited to, website or system hosting, management, and support; data back-up; data analysis; security and storage services; IT infrastructure services; customer service; and email delivery services;
- relevant third parties as part of corporate transactions, such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding);
- competent governmental and public authorities, in each case to comply with legal or regulatory obligations or requests;
- and other third parties as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you, or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
All of these disclosures may result in the transfer of your information to countries or regions with data protection laws that differ from those in your country of residence. By providing us with your information, as described in this Privacy Statement, you are acknowledging that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence.
As noted above, we may obtain information about you directly or indirectly via third-party websites, such as social networking sites, and online publications, or through your registration for events. This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy practices of any third parties. Any websites or platforms (e.g., social media websites and apps) hosted by a third party other than Nielsen may also collect information about you, and the processing of your information by these third parties is governed by their privacy statements. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy statements offered by any websites or platforms you utilize.
You have choices about how your personal data is handled. We are committed to providing you with reasonable access to your personal data and the ability to review and limit the use of such information according to applicable law.
If you do not wish to receive marketing emails from SOH, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link available in each such email message or update your email preferences here. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our products and/or services.
Depending on your country of residence, you may also have the right to:
- request confirmation that we are processing your personal data;
- request a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- request that we update the personal data we hold about you or correct such information that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- restrict the way in which we use your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or limit our use of your personal data (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held);
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- withdraw the consent that you have given us to process your personal data (where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent);
- request that we delete the personal data we hold about you; and
If you are interested in exercising one or more of the rights described above, you may submit a request using the form here. Please note that we may require proof of your identity before we can give effect to these rights.
We will not discriminate against you if you decide to exercise your rights under applicable law.
Because we want to avoid taking action regarding your personal data at the direction of someone other than you, only you or an “Authorized Agent” permitted to act on your behalf may submit a request. An “Authorized Agent” means a natural person or a business entity you have authorized to act on your behalf by providing your written permission. Please note, we may deny a request from an Authorized Agent if they do not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Your request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal data or an Authorized Agent; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal data we maintain relates to you. To verify your identity, we will seek to match any personal data you provide when you (or an Authorized Agent) submit your request to any personal data we already maintain. If we are unable to verify your identity based on the information we maintain, we will let you know.
SOH maintains a global data security organization that uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your data while under our control.We may store and process your data in your home country and/or we may transfer and export these data to any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers and processors, including the United States and Australia. The data protection laws of other countries may differ from those in your home country. When we transfer data, we ensure that we do so in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation.