Love the connection between food and health? Or… interested in natural therapies but not sure where to start? This course will provide you with the skills you need to get started as a natural health practitioner, but with the ability to easily add extra subjects later in order to gain additional qualifications in Western Herbal Medicine, Naturopathy, and Homeopathy. Whichever type of practitioner you become, your clients will always value your advice about Nutrition. You are what you eat, and Nutrition is the foundation of health.
This course is designed to be completed over a three year period based on approximately 9 hours of study per week. You can, however, complete more quickly than this if you want to. The subjects in the first stage provide the foundations of Nutritional practice and are suitable for anyone wanting to know more about the body, how it works, basic nutritional skills and knowledge, and how natural therapies differ from mainstream medicine.
In Stage 1…
you will learn:
- How to analyse the pros and cons of a range of popular diets, such as Paleo, 5:2, Mediterranean, Blood type, GAPS, FODMAP, vegan and vegetarian, and more
- The pros and cons of the official Australian Healthy Eating Guidelines, why many naturopaths believe they may actually contribute to many of today’s diseases, and simple steps you can take to make healthier choices
- The difference between a nutritionist and a dietitian
- Why weight management is such a challenge for so many people, features of the best and worst weight-loss diets, and basic strategies for maintaining a healthy weight
- About detoxing, whether it is needed, and good and fad detox diet ideas
- The pros and cons of chocolate, caffeine, sugar and salt
- How your digestion works, and what you can easily do to improve it
- All about how your body works, from the tiniest molecules all the way up to you as a person
- How chemistry can be fun…(Really!)
- The links between what you eat, what you do, and our modern-day diseases; and what you can do to live a happier and healthier life
- And much more!
builds on the first stage, but is designed for those studying with the intention of becoming a practitioner. Having learnt how the body works, you will now learn all about what happens when things go wrong. You will gain a thorough knowledge of diseases and the confidence to assess the conditions your clients may be experiencing. You will acquire the skills to undertake consultations, use basic and effective communication and counselling techniques with your clients, and interpret pathology results. Your studies in nutrition will continue with a more in-depth look at vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, and their potential uses in helping your clients.
builds on everything you have done so far, and prepares you to put it into practice. You will be guided through the nutritional treatment of a wide range of common conditions, including allergies, auto-immune conditions, digestive disorders such as IBS and Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, skin conditions, headaches and more. You will also learn about nutritional treatment in more advanced topics such as fatigue, methylation dysfunction, thyroid conditions, mental health, eating disorders and fertility. In your final year, you will not just be learning how to help your clients using nutrition, but also the skills and knowledge you need to succeed and make a living as a practitioner and businessperson, and how to grow your business bigger than just you.
Your final year is also when we recommend you undertake your clinic experience. The award of this qualification requires 200 hours in a clinic environment under the guidance of an experienced practitioner. This clinical experience will not only allow you to put into practice the skills and knowledge you have acquired during your study, but you will also continue to learn from your supervisor.
3 Year Course
Total course price ranges from $14,900 to $19,975 depending on how you pay.
- Category :
- Date : August 24, 2021